成程 (Naru Hodo) - IC in Japan^H^H Cote d'Azur^H^H USA

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

ギター (gitaa) my new guitar

As I could not bring my trombone to Japan due to size and weight restrictions, I live without custom made music for way too long. Recently I was playing guitar freaks V2 in the arcade with Jose. Basically there are combinations of three colored blobs falling down the screen and you try press buttons in the matching combinations and strike some switch to "shoot" them at the right moment. As everything is synchronized to rock music the whole affair is exremely funny, especially if you do it with two people playing at time. You can even connect with the "Drum Mania" drum simulator to do a happy threesome...

While leaving the arcade we joked about starting to play real guitars. Well at least it might sound like a joke to the uninformed. Very similar to the bleach beard Santa Claus thing...
So we looked around in various music shops under the guidance of our professional French guitar player, Guillaume. After we finished comparing different prices (and realizing that there are really freaking expensive guitars, costing more than a years salary), listening to Guillaume playing various models, I was ready to by a electro accoustic guitar (i.e. accoustic guitar with some kind of microphone inside) for about 17.000 Yen (about 120 EUR). It had a friendly blue color and although having a plastic back it didn't sound too bad, at least in combination with an amplifier. As it was appearently reduced from 36.000 Yen (about 250 EUR) it looked like quite a value for the price.

On my way to have a last look at the blue guitar, before buying it, I saw a really nice, black guitar standing around, trying to look innocent, which didn't quite work, as it was completely black, surrounded by lots of ordinary brown-yellowish guitars. Just standing there, beaming at me. After verifying that the pricetag was no illusion, I asked the sales person to tune it and Guillaume to play it :-)

I was quite a bit louder than the blue one without amplifier and liked the sound at the very first moment. As it was a little bit larger (as I am) and all solid wood, I could not resist. Did I mention that it is completely black and looks extremely cool :-P? I paid about 20.000 Yen (140 EUR) including a hard case and have the feeling that I made a very good buy.
After "playing" (i.e. pressing strings on the board, trying to make it sound like a G-chord) for about 20 minutes, my fingers are completely cut and hurting, so I will take a break make some pictures of the guitar. Anyway I still have to give it a name, that matches the coolness it radiates all around the place ... :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home