成程 (Naru Hodo) - IC in Japan^H^H Cote d'Azur^H^H USA

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Day in Nice

Today I went for a long walk through nice. First stop was of course the beach. Not a white sand beach, but white and really big rocks.

The sun twinkled over the sea and was really strong, even though it was the last day of October. With green palms all over the place there was no sign of fall.

After that I went through the old town and found a nice market. A part of it was a huge flower market that reminded me of Grasse "the town of the perfumers" from the movie. As said town is maybe 1 hour by bike from here I will visit it tomorrow.

Other things offered were flawless vegetables.

And many many different olives.

Then I climbed the hill of "Parc de la Colline de Chateau" where one has a really nice view over "Baie des Anges", the sea in front of Nice, and was impressed by its nice blue colour.

On top of the hill was a small sports field and an old man was doing some elegant really slow and really impressive ThaiChi in the morning sun.
On the other side of the hill you could watch "Eglise Notre Dame du Port", the harbour of nice. One interesting thing to note is that there were cacti instead of trees growing at the hillsides :-).

After that I strolled through the city aimlessly, had a nap and started to learn some French from my textbook ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home