成程 (Naru Hodo) - IC in Japan^H^H Cote d'Azur^H^H USA

Saturday, October 28, 2006

In the mountains around Riva del Garda

For some reason I woke up really early this morning (7:30). As the mountains were glowing really friendly.

As I haven't been climbing on a mountain for about two years and I stopped doing sports regularly in Japan ^^;; I thought, that small chapel in the middle of the mountain (500 something meters) would be a nice start to move a little again.

After a short walk through the sleeping city I started climbing around 9:00.

Much to my surprise I reached the chapel at 10:00 straight and was a bit faster then the recommendation of 2:00h...

After enjoying the view and sweating quite a bit, I decided to go a little bit further. The arrival of several noisy (of course German :P) tourists, aided in a quick decision...

The way got a little bit more difficult (especially for my sneakers ^^;;) but I just wanted to go a little bit further. The distance to the top was given with additional 3:00h, but I didn't want to go that far anyway without water, food and stamina...

After about one hour I found a sign promising water, solving one of my three problems...

And indeed it lead to a fountain of nice, cold and really clear water.

After a short refreshing break I went on and at 12:00 o'clock I reached the top. The last few meters were a little bit advanced, but no problem with the provided ropes and climbing aids ^^;;

The incredible view down on Riva del Garda was worth every drop of my sweat and pictures can not describe that impression at all:

I choose a different way down, but it was in the shadow of the mountain and pretty muddy. So no nice pictures as there was not much nice to see :P.
Down in Riva del Garda I bought a huge Gelato to treat myself to my accomplishment, went to the lake and put my feet into the really cold water.

To make everything complete here a pic of the mountain side with the chapel and the top marked.

And the "map" I used to find my way on the mountain...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home