Daytrip around Nice
Today, 1.11 was a holiday, so most shops and even cafes were closed. The only exception were the tourist places near the beach. (Read: 30 EUR a meal upwards)
So I went to Grasse (the city of perfumers, as I learned from the book "The Parfum") on my Q instead. There were soft hills like in movie, but they were covered by a way bigger city and not with colourful flowers as indicated by the movie. Also my nose was unable to sense any described fragrances. However there were many street signs indicating a lot of perfumers - which were closed due to the holiday.

As sun was too strong to got for a walk in my almost black biker armour, I went for a little bit of cruising towards the mountains and found bikers paradise. (Motorised as well as man powered bikes)
Almost no traffic, nice curvy roads running smoothly up and down the hills, perfect coating, blue sky, gorgeous views...

And of course mountains. I am really happy that I took my hiking boots to France :D. One small side road led to "Observatory de Cote d' Azur". I think this will be a nice starting place for a hiking tour.

An other very nice place to investigate on further tours is "Chateaneuf" and the area around it.


In the evening I sat at the beach watching a very colouful sunset and listening to the waves. As the beach is rather steep and made of big, round stones, there is a characteristic gargle when the water flows back between two waves. Very relaxing.

While the city lighted up around me, I learned some more French from my textbook: Apart from being able to count to 20 in French I now know that different countries have different gender and that this can be recognized by ending in an "e" which is not spoken... :-P.
So I went to Grasse (the city of perfumers, as I learned from the book "The Parfum") on my Q instead. There were soft hills like in movie, but they were covered by a way bigger city and not with colourful flowers as indicated by the movie. Also my nose was unable to sense any described fragrances. However there were many street signs indicating a lot of perfumers - which were closed due to the holiday.

As sun was too strong to got for a walk in my almost black biker armour, I went for a little bit of cruising towards the mountains and found bikers paradise. (Motorised as well as man powered bikes)
Almost no traffic, nice curvy roads running smoothly up and down the hills, perfect coating, blue sky, gorgeous views...

And of course mountains. I am really happy that I took my hiking boots to France :D. One small side road led to "Observatory de Cote d' Azur". I think this will be a nice starting place for a hiking tour.

An other very nice place to investigate on further tours is "Chateaneuf" and the area around it.


In the evening I sat at the beach watching a very colouful sunset and listening to the waves. As the beach is rather steep and made of big, round stones, there is a characteristic gargle when the water flows back between two waves. Very relaxing.

While the city lighted up around me, I learned some more French from my textbook: Apart from being able to count to 20 in French I now know that different countries have different gender and that this can be recognized by ending in an "e" which is not spoken... :-P.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home